A maintained playset is a durable playset!
Woodplay playsets are made from the finest quality cedar, which resists mold and insects for years of play. And the plastic accessories should stand up to any weather mother nature can throw at them. But maintaining your set with a few easy steps will help it last even longer and ensure maximum safety for your kids.
Here are our recommendations for a long-lasting playset:
The two main threats to your playset’s durability are UV damage and mildew that comes from moisture and dirt. So it’s important to keep both the wood and the plastic and metal components and accessories clean. Low pressure washing is a great idea every few months or annually, depending on your climate and the exposure of the set. Use water and a diluted bleach solution to clean all the surfaces.
- You can use a stain or sealant to help protect the wood from UV and Moisture. If you choose to stain it, make sure you use a non-toxic stain or sealant. Please reach out to your local dealer to acquire the stain.
- We advise waiting a full year after installation before applying stain or sealant, to allow the wood to dry.
- When staining your set, thoroughly clean your set and let it dry before applying stain.
- If the wood shows splinters, sand them down using fine sandpaper to not take off any stain or sealant you may have previously applied.
- It’s also a good idea check all the hardware of your set frequently. While we use locking hardware, it’s always a good idea to make sure the various nuts and bolts and screws are tight and not coming loose.
- Since water can cause damage, it’s also best to avoid sprinklers spraying excess water onto the set. So, if possible, make sure your lawn irrigation isn’t over spraying onto the playset.
Woodplay playsets are built to last a lifetime, and that’s why we offer a 5 Year Warranty on all our accessories and add-ons, and Limited Lifetime Warranty on the wood components and of all our playsets. It’s the best warranty in the business.